Who we are:
We are Gary and Audrey and work together as a team assisting Allen County, Indiana residents with their home remodeling needs. We have been in business for 22 years with 30 years of carpentry experience. Communication, quality work, trustworthiness and commitment are what set us apart from other area handyman businesses. You can have confidence that when you contact us your call will be returned within 24 hours (and even faster if you text). Click here to learn more about us and please visit our testimonial page to hear what others have to say about our work.
What we do:
Interior and Exterior Doors
Ceramic Tile Flooring
Floating Wood Floors
Stain or Paint Trim
Hang Curtain Rods
Install T-111 Vertical Siding
Wrap Windows with Metal
Repair Deteriorated Wood
Trim Bushes/Small Trees
Install Mail Box Posts
Install Bath Exhaust Fans
Install/Clean Dryer Vents
Install Pet Doors
Help Doors to Smoothly Close
How we charge:
- Jobs are charged at our hourly rate of $35 an hour. We have a minimum $70 charge for any jobs less than 2 hours. Jobs lasting more than 30 hours will be discounted at a $30 an hour rate. All jobs will have a fuel charge added to the bill.
- We no longer provide free estimates. If you need a rough idea of what a job might entail (labor/materials, etc.) we can come and take a look at your project at our minimum charge of $70+fuel charge (hourly rates would apply if this requires more than 2 hours of time). We can provide a ballpark idea but please understand that unforeseen situations may arise that may change total amounts. Any estimate is a just a rough idea. Hourly rates would still apply.
- The clock starts from the time we leave our drive in Leo to 10 minutes after we submit the invoice to you for payment.
- There is a flat trip charge (includes fuel) of $30 for any jobs in the downtown areas of Fort Wayne or in the west, southwest or southeast parts of Allen County. If you live outside of Allen County, please contact us for a trip charge quote as rates are higher.
- Materials can either be provided by us or by you, the customer. If you require us to pick up materials, a down payment in advance via check or cash will be required. There is a minimum fuel charge per trip for us to provide any materials from local stores.
- There is an $80 charge to haul away any debris.
- Our work day typically starts between 8:00 and 8:30am and and we aim to be picking up tools, cleaning up debris and making out paperwork by 5:00pm so that we are leaving your drive no later than 5:30pm. Any work not completed by 5:00pm will have to be scheduled for another day. We work Monday-Friday only.
- If you are a new customer, we will require you to be home at the time we arrive on the first day to fill out paperwork. You MUST be home at the time the work is completed so we can be paid or you need to make arrangements for someone to be there to pay us.
- We DO NOT accept payment installments nor credit cards. Payment is expected to be paid in full at the end of the time period we originally scheduled you for.
- Any checks must be made payable to Gary Queckboerner. Any checks with insufficient funds will be billed to you for the fees incurred on our part (both the work and the fees will then have to be paid immediately in full with cash only).
- No jobs for landlords/rentals, no exceptions.
How to reach us:
Please leave us a message at 260-627-8822 with your name, phone number and a detailed description of the work you need. Audrey will return your call within 24 hours when you call Monday-Thursday. All calls received on Friday will be returned on the following Monday. You may also text us at the same number for a much faster response (we usually respond within an hour if you text between 8am and 9pm any day of the week). If you choose to use our contact form or e-mail us we will respond within 48-72 hours.
“I can attest that Gary does good work at an honest price. He has done a few small projects around my house, and I have recommended him to others. If you want quality work, Gary is the man to call!”
– Joe L., Fort Wayne
“I now work in New Mexico but have a house for sale in Fort Wayne. I hired Gary to do a lot of restructuring work. Gary and his wife proved that it is possible to work together and trust, even if there are 2000 mile between us. I am very pleased to see the quality work.”
– Carman B., Las Cruces, NM
“My wife and I have engaged the services of Gary on several occasions to do some general repair work on our lake home in Angola. I highly recommend him to anyone needing “general” repairs. I’m confident that he is quite capable of taking on most any job. Not only does he do good work, but is an extremely nice person with whom to do business. He is also reasonable in his charges for the work performed.”
– Gerry Moser, Van Wert, Ohio
“Gary and his wife Audrey are an absolute pleasure to work with. Gary takes a very conscientious approach to his work. He cares deeply that the customer is absolutely satisfied, works incredibly fast, and is as reasonable as they come. I highly recommend this incredible team for an exceptional customer experience.” – Jason H., Leo