Who we are:
We are Gary and Audrey and work together as a team assisting Allen County, Indiana residents with their home remodeling needs. We have been in business for 22 years with 30 years of carpentry experience. Communication, quality work, trustworthiness and commitment are what set us apart from other area handyman businesses. You can have confidence that when you contact us your call will be returned within 24 hours (and even faster if you text). Click here to learn more about us and please visit our testimonial page to hear what others have to say about our work.
What we do:
Interior and Exterior Doors
Ceramic Tile Flooring
Floating Wood Floors
Stain or Paint Trim
Hang Curtain Rods
Install T-111 Vertical Siding
Wrap Windows with Metal
Repair Deteriorated Wood
Trim Bushes/Small Trees
Install Mail Box Posts
Install Bath Exhaust Fans
Install/Clean Dryer Vents
Install Pet Doors
Help Doors to Smoothly Close
How we charge:
- All jobs are charged at our hourly rate of $35 an hour. We have a minimum $70 charge for any jobs less than 2 hours. All jobs will have a fuel charge added to the bill. We do not provide estimates for jobs.
- An additional daily trip charge of $20-$30 will be added for any jobs beyond a 20 minute drive of Leo and possibly more if you live outside the county. Please ask if you need to know specific amounts. Road construction causing delays in travel may cause this amount to be slightly more during summer months.
- The clock starts from the time we leave our drive in Leo to 10 minutes after we submit the invoice to you for payment.
- PLEASE be sure to tell us everything you are wanting done AT THE TIME OF SCHEDULING to help us know how much time to allow for your projects. Many times we schedule customer’s back to back and time simply may not allow us to do additional work for you once we have arrived.
- Materials can either be provided by us or by you, the customer. If you require us to pick up materials, a down payment in advance via check or cash will be required. There is a minimum fuel charge per trip for us to provide any materials from local stores.
- Our work day typically starts around 8:00am and we aim to be picking up tools, cleaning up debris and making out paperwork at 4:00pm so we are leaving your drive NO LATER than 5:00pm. Any work not completed by 4:00pm will have to be scheduled for another day so please do not ask us to work beyond that time. If there is an extreme emergency that might be required for us to work later than 5:00, overtime rates of $60 an hour applies. We work Monday-Friday only.
- If you are a new customer, we will require you to be home at the time we arrive on the first day to fill out paperwork and show us the projects you are needing done. If you have a list, we encourage you to prioritize those projects which are most important and we will take care of those first.
- All customers MUST be home at the time the work is completed so we can be paid or you need to make arrangements for someone to be there to pay us. Payment is expected to be paid in full with a check or cash at the end of the time period we originally scheduled you for. We DO NOT accept any online payments, payment installments, credit cards or checks sent to us in the mail for final payment.
- Any checks must be made payable to Gary Queckboerner. Any checks with insufficient funds will be billed to you for the fees incurred on our part (both the work and the fees will then have to be paid immediately in full with cash only).
- We are not responsible for hauling away any garbage/debris. If an item cannot be easily cut up to be put in your garbage container, we recommend that you visit the City of Fort Wayne’s website for what is allowed to be put out at your curbside and what will require a pick up from the city. We no longer haul away any garbage/debris/recyclables so please don’t ask.
- No jobs for landlords/rentals, no exceptions.
ATTENTION: All new customers must text (260-627-8822) or use our contact form to notify us in writing that you both read and agree to the above terms before we will schedule your work.
How to reach us:
Please leave us a message at 260-627-8822 with your name, phone number and a detailed description of the work you need. Audrey will return your call within 24 hours when you call Monday-Thursday. All calls received on Friday will be returned on the following Monday. You may also text us at the same number for a much faster response (we usually respond within an hour if you text between 8am and 9pm any day of the week). If you choose to use our contact form or e-mail us we will respond within 48-72 hours.